How To Pay
At the Ulster Independent Clinic there are a number of ways to pay for treatment
If you have private or company supported health insurance you should:
- Check with your insurance company that the proposed treatment is covered by your policy before attending an appointment at the clinic
- Contact your insurance company before your admission date and inform them of the planned treatment
- You will be asked by the insurance company for a procedure code provided by the consultant
- The insurance company will give you either a claim form or a pre-authorisation reference
- Bring the completed claim form or the pre-authoristion reference with you
- Please check if the claim form requires signature from your GP
- Insurance companies have different requirements so it important that you liaise with them closely throughout your treatment at the clinic
- Your consultant and anesthetist will send you separate invoices – patients are responsible for forwarding these to the insurers
- Some policies have an excess payment policy– it is advisable that you check with the insurance company if there is an excess that you will be required to pay.
If you are self funding the cost of your treatment you can obtain an approximate costing from the clinic prior to admission. Payment of your account is due on discharge from the clinic. Consultants fees are invoiced separately.
Fixed Price Surgery
Fixed Price Surgery Packages which include consultant fees and clinic costs are offered for certain procedures. These packages are only available to Self Paying patients. Payment is required one week before admission.
Payment by Sports Clubs / Associations
If a Sports club or other organisation has agreed to pay for your treatment you must have a letter of authority from the payer accepting full responsibility for the cost of the treatment.